Anti-slavery and human trafficking policy
Modern slavery is a term used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking. Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and are fully committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our corporate activities. We are also committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains, consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We all have a responsibly to be alert to the risks, however small, in our business and in the wider supply chain. As a company we expect everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following measures to safeguard against modern slavery:
- A zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery in our organisation and our supply chains.
- The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our organisation or supply chain is the responsibility of all those working for us or on our behalf. Shoreline (UK) Ltd will not engage in, facilitate or fail to report any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
- We are committed to engaging with our stakeholders and suppliers to address the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain.
- We take a risk based approach to our contracting processes and keep them under review.
- Consistent with our risk based approach we may require employment and recruitment agencies and other third parties supplying workers to Shoreline (UK) Ltd to confirm their compliance with our Anti-Slavery Policy.
If we find that other individuals or organisations working on our behalf have breached this policy we will ensure that we take appropriate action.
Our supply chains and supplier adherence to our values
As a manufacturer of refrigeration and cooling equipment, Shoreline (UK) Ltd procures products, components and services from across a diverse range of both domestic and international suppliers. These suppliers include but are not limited to:
- refrigeration component providers;
- electrical and electronic component suppliers;
- chemical suppliers;
- logistic providers;
- IT services and equipment providers;
- printing and production suppliers;
As part of our EN/ISO 9001:2015 certificated status, when new contractors or suppliers are appointed we pre-qualify any new company through a series of diligence, relating to company performance, HS&E compliance and references from other customers to establish that they are suitable.
To date we haven’t been made aware of any human trafficking/slavery activities within the supply chain but if any were highlighted to us then we would act immediately in accordance with our legal and moral obligations.
Our policies on slavery and human trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. This Anti-Slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in out supply chains.
Due diligence processes for slavery and human trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we have in place systems to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas when considering taking on new suppliers and regularly review our existing supply chains.
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Protect whistle blowers.
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. To maintain awareness and ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business our Anti-slavery Policy is available to all employees.